New Year, New You:
Reflect & Grow for the New Year
Guest Author, Brittney Moses
It’s almost time to ring the bell, to call in the New Year, to sing, to say… Happy New Year!
Take this time to be refreshed in all the new possibilities of 2023 by giving God your “yes” this year.
Normalize deciding to step beyond your comfort zone and watch Him do…
“…immeasurably more than all [you] could ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within [you].” – Ephesians 3:20
New Year, Time for Reflection
Gather for Growth & Good Times
Take right now as the perfect time to reassess the past year and become intentional about how you want to move forward in the year ahead, especially when considering your mental, physical, and spiritual health, wellness, and overall lifestyle.
We are happy to share in a few reflection questions, as well as some Bible verses to help inspire just that!
10 Questions to reflect on from this past year:
- In what ways have I grown this year- mentally, spiritually, emotionally?
- What was one of the biggest life lessons I learned this year?
- What was my biggest time-waster this year that I need to set boundaries around?
- What brought me closer to God this year?
- What am I proud of this year?
- Who have been the biggest influences in my life this year, and why?
- What is an activity I did this year that I’d like to continue doing?
- How were my prayers answered this year?
- Who is someone that inspired me this year, and why?
- What am I most grateful for this year?
Read on for the complete list of bible verse to meditate and reflect on.
10 Bible verses to meditate on going into the New Year:
- “You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.” – Psalm 65:11
- “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” – Deuteronomy 31:8
- “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” – Isaiah 43:18-19
- “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.” – Proverbs 23:18
- “We can make our plans, but the LORD establishes our steps.” – Proverbs 16:9
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- “But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.” – Jeremiah 17:7
- “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” – Proverbs 16:3
Closing with a Prayer
Mindfulness, Meditation, & Moving Towards a Brighter Future
Thank you for our friend, here. We pray that you go with them in the year ahead and they rediscover your faithfulness and love for them. Give them the wisdom to navigate the new year and the courage to step out into all the plans you have for them. Order their steps and surround them with the love and support they need. We are grateful for the gift of community. We pray for good health and for a smooth recovery in those who are healing- that your comfort and peace would be with each of us. Thank you for all that you have done in our lives and all that you continue to do as we abide in your Spirit to pursue the purposes you’ve called us to.
In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.”
About the Guest Author:
UHSM & WeShare Ambassador, Mental Health Author, Lifestyle Content Creator, & Faith Advocate
Ambassador of UHSM and WeShare, Brittney Moses is a mental health Author, Lifestyle Content Creator, and Advocate over integrating faith, culture, and wellness into one’s life. A mom and Los Angeles native, Brittney walks in-faith, using an informed approach to mental health. She is deeply seated in compassion for those she serves, from churches to youth non-profit ministries, Brittney Moses is a NAMI-certified Support Group Facilitator and Crisis Textline Counselor. Brittney Moses encourages others through a variety of mental health crises, and helps others through practical, holistic, and an evidence-based approach. Her latest publication and book, Worthy, helps others to focus on clarity and peace every day.
You can grab your very own copy of Worthy directly on the Amazon book marketplace!
Next Week: Looking Forward to the New Year!
WeShare in a community that is uplifting, caring, and rooted in faith!
WeShare members have admission to the largest, independent PPO PHCS network in America, with access to over 1.2 million doctors and specialists. Not only that, but members can also access pharmacy services at over 68,000 locations, nation-wide. WeShare is so much more, WeShare as a community and truly care for our members with a holistic approach to wellness, one which focuses on a preventative and proactive approach to one’s well-being.
Call us at (800) 900 – 8476 or send an email to email@example.com
We can’t wait to chat with you about WeShare, our healthcare sharing ministry memberships!